Huwebes, Abril 21, 2016

Excited to Watch: The Girl on The Train

Disclaimer: The photo is not mine
Credits to the author, producers & artists behind it

What's with the books turned movies that are starting with "The Girl on..."? Haha the last time that I got a dose of enthusiasm to watch a movie with this title was with The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and trust me it never failed my thirst for a mystery/thriller type of film.

Fast forward, I accidentally saw The Girl on the Train's trailer in youtube and I should say that it really caught my attention hence I turned to a dear friend named Mr. Google for some insights. Well, it turned out that it was a best selling book by a British author named Paula Hawkins. As I have mentioned a while ago, it's genre is mystery/thriller which by the way for some reason is my favorite genre haha calling CSI and Criminal Minds.

When watching a trailer, I want it to catch my curious side and when that happens? I will definitely research for it. I still want to read the book though and I'll try my best to search for one (anyone reading, please lend me if you have).

Just to give a glimpse of its story, let me borrow Sir Wikipedia's synopsis...and it goes something like this:

"Each day, Rachel Watson takes the train to work in the city, heading past the town of Witney. The train passes her old house where her ex-husband, Tom, and his new wife, Anna, live. She can also see the home of another married couple a few houses down. Rachel becomes endeared to this couple, whom Rachel nicknames 'Jess and Jason'. They appear to have the perfect life, and Rachel is both envious and happy for them. One day while passing their house, Rachel witnesses something that changes everything she thought about the couple. Then Jess goes missing, and Rachel wonders if she is somehow connected to her disappearance" - (source: wikipedia)


Seems interesting eh? But I still have to wait for a couple of months as its release date will be on October 2016.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento