Miyerkules, Abril 20, 2016

A Working Mom's Sacrifice

Photo courtesy of Google Image
 It's almost 11 pm and I just arrived home from work. This is my daily routine as I am commuting all the way From Malolos/Marilao, Bulacan up to Makati every single day. Yeah you read it correctly! Was it exhausting? Oh no! Hell no! Because it is very very exhausting.

But why am I doing this when I could just resign and focus my attention on my little one? Before I answer that, let me set the record straight. This article doesn't intend to compare me to the stay at home moms out there, so kill the idea that I would want to imply something okay? It's just my point of view.

Why am I doing this? Of course for the purpose of generating an income for the family. We can manage to live without me working but as a mom? I want to give the best, if not the best at least I could give something to my child out of my own pocket without a need to bother my equally hardworking husband. Based on our country's present economic status, it is no longer enough that only one from the family will work unless both of you are still supported by your parents or you have some relatives that are supporting you as well.

Another big factor would be self growth. You have your own life and you need to teach the value of working hard to your children in the future. This is a lesson that you could give as a working mom yourself. You need to gain further knowledge and use the degree that you have completed. This will empower you as a woman and as a productive citizen of this society.



However, with this scenario comes great sacrifices. This includes having to leave your child with a nanny. Me and my husband is lucky as we still have our parents to look for our child and guide the nanny (if we have).

It just saddened me that sometimes I leave home at 6am and Denzel is still asleep and then when I get home at around 9 or 10 in the evening, he's already asleep. Well, that's how it goes. I just make sure that whenever I am home, my attention is with my little boy.

It is true that the presence of the parents especially the mother will make some difference. But there are things that need to be considered. In my case, I have to help our family grow. We just have to make the most out of the assistance that we can have from our parents in ensuring that my boy still gets the love that he should be getting when we are away.

I am a proud working mom and this is accompanied by great sacrifices. Of course it is a case to case basis but one thing that you should remember? You are equally awesome just like the SAHM's out there. Just always see to it that you'll throughly explain it to your little one as he or she grows up.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento